Stocks end mostly lower as investors assess the Fed’s path after a tepid July jobs report


Stocks ended mostly lower on Friday, but off activity lows, as investors gauged how the Federal Reserve would respond to data that showed the U.S. economy added 528,000 jobs in July, more than the 258,000 economists had expected. Traders in Fed funds futures put a nearly 70% probability of a 75 basis point rate hike when policymakers meet in September, up from about 30% on Thursday. The Dow Jones Index
DJIA,
+0.23%

rose about 75 points, or 0.2%, to close near 32,802, according to preliminary data, while the S&P 500
SPX,
-0.16%

A decrease of 0.2% and the Nasdaq Composite index
comp,
-0.50%

decreased by 0.5%.



Source link

Related Posts

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

22,764FansLike
3,431FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Recent Stories